«From Paris to New York. Engravings from the Gelonch Viladegut Collection»
Temporal exhibition. From June 18, 2021 to September 26, 2021. It is possible to visit from 10 am to 2:00 pm. #gravatsGelonch #PalauGüell
- «From Paris to New York. Engravings from the Gelonch Viladegut Collection»
- The life and wealth of Catalonia. Lithography. Ramon Casas- c. 1920
- Popular party. Etching and aquatint. Ricard Canals. c. 1900
- Naked lying down. Dry tip. Pierre-Auguste Renoir. c. 1900
- Las majas. Etching and aquatint. Ricard Canals. c.1900
- Le printemps. Dry tip. Auguste Rodin. 1883
From Paris to New York. Engravings from the Gelonch Viladegut Collection presents, in the Palau Güell exhibition space, a selection of engravings from the mid-19th to the end of the 20th century by internationally renowned artists such as Casas, Delacroix, Matisse, Picasso, Renoir or Warhol, among others.
The exhibition depicts the evolution of engraving as a language and as a technique and brings us closer to the historical context of the most prominent artistic movements of the time.
The tour is structured in five thematic areas, arranged chronologically:
- Nineteenth-century Paris: The center of art (1840 - 1900)
- Our artists in Paris at the turn of the century (1890 - 1930)
- The Paris of the avant-garde (1900 - 1950)
- Catalan artists in search of ... (1950 - 1975): The role of the Cercle Maillol
- The American Odyssey: New York, the new capital of art (1950 -...)
These areas are complemented by quotes written by the curator of the exhibition, Antoni Gelonch Viladegut, collector and promoter of the project, which invite reflection on the motivations of art collectors.
The exhibition, which since the summer of 2018 has been seen in several museums of the Network of Local Museums, has been produced by the Office of Cultural Heritage of the Department of Culture of the Diputació de Barcelona, has with the curation and collaboration of Antoni Gelonch, and with the support of the Museum Comarcal de Manresa and the Museum Abelló de Mollet del Vallès.
From Paris to New York. Engravings from the Gelonch Viladegut Collection takes it’s leave to this tour in an unbeatable setting of the Palau Güell.
You can purchase the exhibition catalog at the Palau Güell store and at: